Here's a winter picture which is made from a Lindt chocolate box.
I had to work on it a lot but I enjoyed every minute of it.
If you want to make something similar you have to do this:
1. Take an empty chocolate box and paint it white with acrylic paint.
2. When it's all white cover it with book pages. You have to use decoupage glue and you have to glue both side of the paper. The papers have to be totally wet of glue to soften and to fit perfectly on the box, to blend into the box.
3. When it dried put a slight layer of modelling paste everywhere (inside-outside).
4. When it dried put another, a thicker layer on the inside bottom and a slight pearl white layer on the inside top.
5. Cut out the kids with sleigh shape at least three times from black cardstock and glue them together to make a little dimension for them. Cover it with black Marabu Glitter Liner.
6. Cut out the tree border shape two times from white cardstock and paint them with inks.
7. Paint the sky part with blue ink.
8. Glue the tree border to the top of the hill and put another coat of modelling paste.
9. Cut out the letters and glue to the top of the picture.
10. Glue some tiny pearl to pretend as if the snow is falling.
11. Glue the kids on the snowy part with 3D glue.
12. Put a slight coat of acrylic medium on the outside part of the frame to give a little protection.
13. Attach a frame hanger with hot glue.
14. And now the picture can go to the wall.
What I used:
Schmincke acrylic fluid medium
Marabu black glitter liner
hot glue, 3D adhesive, Tacky Glue