Saturday 24 January 2015

Sizzix - house and boys on canvas

I made this picture for my sister. From the picture you can find out that my sister lives in a house and she has two sons. I put a nice quote on it: Home is where happy memories grow.







Before I made the picture I took the 24x30 cm canvas and I put all the cut outs to see how it looked like.







Then I embossed and coloured the cut outs. I attached two and a half brick wall strip (by Tim Holtz) and I smeared modelling paste with palette knife on the house





























Then I put two layers of gesso on the canvas. And next I glued book pages with decoupage glue on the dried gesso. Before gluing the book pages I wetted the pages with water.








After drying I put a thin layer of modelling paste on the canvas.







With Scotch tape (sellotape) I fixed some greaseproof paper behind the windows.






I coloured the canvas with Ranger Distress (Bundled Sage) and Tsukineko Memento (Summer Sky) inks.






It was me who made the bush and the butterflies with stamping them on one layer of paper napkin. And I put them on the picture with decoupage glue.






In the end I put a thin coat of acrylic medium on the whole picture.









Do you see that one of the boys is brown haired with brown eyes, the other is blond with blue eyes,  just like my nephews, Zsiga and Matyi.














What I used:


Sizzix Sizzlits Die, Boy with cap (655711)


Sizzix Framelits Die, Eggs (658691)





Sizzix Movers&Shapers Magnetic Die, Mini Openings by Tim Holtz (657215)


Sizzix Embossing Folder, Burlap and Swirl by Tim Holtz (656645)

Sizzix Bigz Die, 3D Cottage House by Brenda Walton (658743)


Memory Box letters die

Tsukineko Memento and Ranger Distress inks

Glossy Accents, Tacky Glue, decoupage glue

white cardstocks and book pages

gesso, modelling paste, acrylic medium

stamps, napkin paper

canvas 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!