Thursday 22 January 2015

Frosty - snowman paper mache figurine

Let me show you my latest paper mache (papier mâché) figurine. He is Frosty, the snowman. Maybe I'm not too late in the middle (at the end) of January. 






Although I had written a few times before about the paper mache technique I tried to take as many photos as I could. 


Well... I took an empty French cheese box and I filled with chipboard discs. It had to be quite heavy because it became the base.










When the cheese box was filled I plastered with Tesa tape.












Then I covered with small pieces of newspaper and paper mache paste.












For the body I used a paper towel roll. I filled it with papers and covered the outside with pieces of newspaper glued with paper mache paste.








Here, you can see the head which was a styrofoam ball first covered with Tesa tape after with newspaper.








I stuck a strong wire to the body to fix the head.







It was me who made the top hat.











I painted the body with white acrylic paint.












Meanwhile I bleached a green brush tree in Domestos.



















I picked some branches in a playground those became the arms.


I painted the hat black. I cut out the ribbon from paper and I painted red Tsukineko Ink. 


I cut out the holly leaves with Sizzix die.


I cut out the letters of "FROSTY" from a book page.















I put a layer of Glossy Accents sprinkled with glitter powder.









I put a big amount of modelling paste on the base.






















P.S. Later I put and glued some Epsom Salt to the basic to achieve a a glittery, snowy ground. And here is the photo:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!