Sunday 31 May 2015

Bretagne - Morbihan

We have just returned from Bretagne. After a 10 hours driving (I did it alone!) I'm so tired and exhausted. While my husband serves me the ciders of Brittany I try to organise our pictures :-)

Although we had visited many places and we had seen many beautiful buildings and monuments I don't want to overwhelm you with my pictures, so I just show you the selected ones, the most interesting ones... but there are still plenty!



Erdaven - alignements




(Do you know the story of Asterix and Obelix? Obelix carries huge menhirs like this with his superhuman strength.)




Vannes 




(Vannes and his wife from the 15th century)





(Place Henri IV)





(Pancake house)





(Garden of butterflies)



Auray




(When in 1776, Benjamin Franklin was sent to France, he landed at Auray)





(Sundial - a man with lantern)





(The symbol of Auray: an ermine with scarf)




Carnac



(A butcher)




Rochefort-en-Terre







(Place de Puits - square of the well)







(signs, signs... and other ornaments)






























(The castle of Rochefort-en-Terre)




La Gacilly





(Galerie du Chat Noir)






(A coppersmith)




Josselin






(The castle of Rohan)












(The doll museum with Hungarian dolls)







(Military dolls)







(The "Bécassine" - the foolish Breton girl) 





(A timbered house)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!