Tuesday 19 May 2015

Sizzix - shabby chic treasure box with laces

I have made this box for Eszter and I already know what she will keep in it. 







For making this box I used a retired Sizzix XL Bigz die:







I cut out the box from chipboard. I had to strengthen the folding lines with sellotape because the chipboard could easily tear at the folding lines.










I got some real music sheets from my mother-in-law for creative use and creative purposes.









I coloured the music sheets with Ranger Distress inks (Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet).








After I covered the box with the music sheets inside and outside as well. For this I used decoupage glue (Mod Podge) what I put under and on the music sheet.


I sanded the edges with a sandpaper.


To the edges and some parts I smeared some gesso, then I put a layer of acrylic medium.


When the acrylic medium was dry I put all the embellishments on the box (the laces, the leaves, the roses...)


























What I used:


Sizzix Bigz XL Die, Box (656278)






Ranger Distress ink

music sheet

chipboard

acrylic paints, gesso

glue

acrylic medium












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!