Monday 5 October 2015

Textured birthday tag - 69

I created this tag as my second piece of the October challenge - Add some texture - of the Country View Challenges blog. I have made this tag for my father-in-law who will be 69 in November.









I decoupaged many numbers to the tag to tell my father-in-law that 69 is just one of the numbers... I also printed a text with my DYMO to tell the same: '69 is just a number' with  another spiritual text that the quantum physicists declare too: 'time does not exist'.


The pointed hand shows him to turn the page where he can find the Happy Birthday in Hungarian.







For the Happy Birthday (Boldog születésnapot) sign I used Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Thinlits Die (3/4") - 660056. 




For making this card I cut out a tag with Tim Holtz Movers&Shapers Tag Die 656938 from a chipboard.

First I gessoed, then I used Tim Holtz Clockwork Layering Stencil to make the background. 
























When the modelling paste was dry I coloured with blue acrylic paints. I smeared some brown onto the edges.







From an Advent paper napkin I cut out some numbers and  I glued to the tag with decoupage glue.













Lightly I rubbed some gesso to the numbers, after I cut out the 69 with Tim Holtz Movers&Shapers Cargo Stencil Numbers (657841).






After attaching the 69 to the tag I put a layer of Marabu Glitter Liner, then a layer of Ranger Glossy Accents to emphasise it.

















P.S. If I could make this card again, I would cut out the random numbers with the cargo stencil die too, and I would use their negatives as a stencil to make the background numbers instead of the napkin numbers. That could be prettier, I think. Next time!



3 comments:

  1. great tag monika. lovely texture and great use of those numbers. hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tag! Love the combination of the clocks and the numbers to illustrate the message.

    ^LM
    DymoSupport

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textured clocks and the numbers are great.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!