Thursday 26 November 2015

Vintage Hungarian Christmas cards #1

I have been collecting the vintage Christmas postcards for nearly 20 years now. I have no idea how many pieces are in my collection. Each December I take them out, I admire them but after I carefully put them back to their metal box to avoid to get some damage.

Before the university I worked in a library, after the university I worked in the Archive of the Hungarian Radio so    I can say that cataloguing is quite familiar to me.

Well, I have decided that each day I will take a picture of a  Christmas-St. Nicolas/Santa postcard and I will show you here.


My first piece is a St. Nick card (Mikulás): Greetings from St.Nick 


On this card St. Nick dressed in a classical or a traditional outfit: red robe, mitre, crook. He gives some biscuits and maybe an apple to the children.

The card dates from about 1930-40.










Tomorrow I come again!


You can find my other cards under the label: 'old Christmas cards'.



1 comment:

  1. a beautiful image Monika - I look forward to seeing more of your vintage postcards. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!