Tuesday 13 September 2016

Travel with dog

It's my turn to inspire you and to show you something in the theme of TRAVEL. This is the title of our September challenge which was chosen by the very talented Jennie.

For this challenge I made a travel card with one of the dogs of Tim Holtz.






I chose a dog for my travel themed card because since we have a dog, a Bichon Bolognese we always try to take her with us for our journeys. And during our holidays we always meet other dog owners who also bring their dogs on vacation. So travelling with dog becomes more and more popular, I think. 


For this card I cut out a basic card.







And I started to make a card with following Tim's July Remix Technique tag.






I coloured the globe with Ranger Distress Markers. I scribbled to a plastic sheet and I just put the colours onto the paper with a wet brush. 

The dog was coloured with black watercolour pencil but in this case I coloured right onto the stamped dog. I put more colour to the edges and after I brushed it towards the inner part with a wet brush this is why I could achieve lighter and darker areas on the dog.






And although this chosen dog looks like a Schnauzer and definitely not a Bichon, many people know about me that beside the Bolognese my other favourite dog breed is the Miniature Schnauzer.


What I used:

Sizzix Framelits Die, Rectangles

Stampers Anonymous, Travel Blueprint Set (CMS148)

Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Dogs (CMS271)

Sticker Book

Ranger Distress Spray Stain (Vintage Photo) - I spritzed the white paper with this

Ranger Distress Ink Pads (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain) - I inked the edges of the cards with these colours

Tim Holtz Ide-ology, Chit-Chat Sticker Book (TH92998)

Ranger Distress Markers

Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black, Potting Soil) - I stamped with these inks


The edges of all the rectangles on my card was distressed with a knife.







And here is a photo about Rozi during our journey in Aix-en-Provence this summer.







If you have a crafting project in the theme of travelling, please join our September Challenge where you can win a £20 voucher!

With this card I would like to join the September TIMI challenge of the Craft Stamper blog: Anything goes.

Happy crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Great design, fabulous card and the real Rozi looks gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun dog image! Love the distressed and masculine look of your make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun design ... love those Crazy Dogs! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card Monika, but Rozi is even cuter in real life xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Monika! Love the cute dog stamp.
    Your Rozi is very pretty!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!