Wednesday 5 October 2016

Spooky Halloween box with ghosts

Well, this is my second upcycling project in October. My daughter, Eszter had an empty box, a very sturdy one and I it would have been a pity to throw it away. So I have transformed it into that:







And now I show you the before state:





I painted the two pieces black with acrylic paint.




Then I glued paper napkins on the surfaces with decoupage glue trying to make as much wrinkle as I could.






When it was dry, I glued the thick cardboard cut-outs onto the top. 






I painted the box again with DecoArt Chalky Finish Black Paint. 





Then I painted over the cutouts with DecoArt Metallic White Pearl paint.






Finally I rubbed the same metallic paint with a sponge onto the whole surface.





And that's it! I hope you like it! Happy crafting to you!


With this project I would like to join:

 - the Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp: Halloween.

- Brenda Brown's Give Away over at Bumblebees and Butterflies 


- The Mixed Media Monthy Challenge: #29






4 comments:

  1. Love the spooky alterations to your daughter's box Monika, the crinkled napkins have created fabulous texture and the pearl and metallic paints help give it that eerie feel. Thanks for sharing it on my Halloween give away post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fabulous box Monika !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous work Monika - really cool texture - and great die cuts too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project, with so much wonderful detail and texture! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!