Thursday 15 December 2016

Vintage Christmas with Tim Holtz Toy Soldier and Retro Packages

During the summer I had made two Advent Calendars for my nephews and in the centre of the calendars, I created Christmas interiors with Christmas trees, gift packages, toy soldiers, windows etc. Here you can see them.

But as you know little boys don't like vintage :-) so I wanted to create a Christmas interior with nearly the same elements but in vintage style. 

I chose a 14x21 cm canvas board for my project.




I love the toy soldier! For me it looks like a Hungarian hussar (huszár) so this die, this form is very dear to me.


I cut out my elements from chipboard and I covered them with patterned papers. Sanded the edges, inked with Vintage Photo but after I smeared a tiny watery white acrylic paint too.

To the canvas I put a thin layer of modelling paste, then I painted with DecoArt Americana Buttermilk. I also painted the face, the hand and the upper leg of my soldier with Buttermilk and Light Buttermilk.

I inked the edges of the background too and here too I smeared white paint.

The stars are embossed with Ranger Princess Gold, like the bows, ribbons of my packages. 

I used the Handwritten Mini Holidays Stamp Set (CMS211) for the texts of the ornaments.

As a protection, I put a thin layer of Ranger Distress Collage Matte.

The ornaments were fixed with cellotape at the back, so I covered with a nice patterned paper this part too.

I fixed the picture hanger with hot glue.



With my canvas, I would like to join the challenge of A Vintage Journey: Winter Magic




I hope you like it! Happy crafting and Christmas preparations!


2 comments:

  1. I love the chalky edging you've given to all the elements - it gives it a lovely soft, frosted look. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!