Sunday 1 January 2017

Birthday tag with Tim Holtz Crazy creatures

Happy New Year to all of you!!!

In the new year on the very first day we have a new challenge over at the Country View Challenges blog. Our hostess is my very talented teamie, Brenda. I think you will really like the challenge theme: ANYTHING GOES.

So I made a birthday tag, because for me the January doesn't only mean the new year but two very special birthdays. First, on January 11th there will be my sister's birthday, and on 16th we will celebrate my daughter's birthday.







For this tag I cut out a tag shape from white cardstock, then I put Tim's polka dot stencil onto the tag and with the Brushed Corduroy ink pad and a sponge I made dots on my tag. Now here I have to tell you that I usually use coloured inks for the heat embossing instead of clear embossing ink. Because I like to see exactly how the shapes look like, it doesn't matter that I use stamp or stencil for the embossing. And anyway the embossing will cover perfectly your stamped image. The only exception when I want to use white embossing powder and I try to use the same colour in stamp and in embossing powder.

So first I made the gold embossing:





Then with a sponge I smeared Tumbled Glass ink onto the white tag to make the background.

With my Misti Stamping Tool I prestamped many "Crazy" images with Potting Soil ink. These can be very handy later.








What I used for this tag:





Stampers Anonymous, Crazy Talk Stamp Set (CMS236)



Ranger Distress Markers


Ranger Archival Ink, Potting Soil

Misti Stamping Tool






With my tag I would like join the Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp blog: PARTY TIME.

And don't forget to join our challenge at Country View Challenges where you can win £20 voucher!!!



9 comments:

  1. Great tag, funny too... I was interested to hear how you use coloured inks for your embossing. Most of the time I use Versamark but I think there is a slightly tinted embossing ink. The problem with Distress inks is that they don't do detail particularly well with clear stamps.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Tag Monika, love the polkadot background! Tims stamps are such fun too. Hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The gold embossing is fabulous. Have a very happy 2017 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab tag Monika. Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this tag monika...brilliant make! A very happy new year. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year ! This is a great tag Monika ! The crazy animals are favourites of mine !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag Monika. Loving the polka dot embossing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tag, dear Monika! I love the crazy creatures.
    Happy new year!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag is super cute! Love the adorable images. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!