Tuesday 26 September 2017

Tim Holtz - Home for the holiday

Today I brought you a Christmas card.  For this card, I used only one Sizzix die set - Home for the holiday - which is from Tim Holtz latest Christmas releases.




I just love this design, it has a 50s retro feel.

So if you don't mind I give you a tutorial for the background.


1. Cut out a rectangle from a white heavy cardstock (270-300g).

2. Paint it light blue with a sponge using tapping movements.






3. Ink the edges With Ranger Archival ink (Cornflower Blue).





4. Cut out another rectangle, then use the snowdrift die from the set to make the snowy hills.

5. Paint it white and after drying ink the edges with the same blue ink.





5. Put a layer of medium (Ranger Glossy Accents, Schmincke Acrylic Medium) onto the white snowy hill piece and sprinkle it with fine white glitters.





6. When it's all dry, ink each edge with Walnut Stain distress ink and assemble the card.






First, I attached these elements:




7. Now, about the snowfall... Put little dots onto the card with Ranger white enamel accent and sprinkle each dot with fine glitter. 





Place it and glue it on a card base and your card is ready.





I hope you like it! Happy crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Hiya Monika - this card is brilliant I love these dies - totally brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with that sweet retro car, and I love your sparkly snow.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!