Wednesday 20 September 2017

Vintage Halloween banner

Hello Everybody, I can't tell you how inspiring was to read your lovely comments you sent me for the Vintage Halloween tag post. I'm so happy that you like that post! Thank you so much!!!

Well, because of your motivating comments I decided to make another Halloween project you might like. I made a huge Halloween banner.



(If you click on the photo you can see it in bigger size!)


The technique was nearly the same that I used at the vintage tags. There are just a few differences: The pieces of the banner weren't spattered with brown ink and I contoured the edges with black Distress crayon, so when I smeared some white acrylic paint onto the stamped pieces I blotted the black crayon too, so I achieved an interesting dirty/smoky effect :-)

Each flag is 21 cm high and to have this big size I used the Sizzix Plus Framelits Die, Banners (660836).





The black basic flag was cut out from 280 grams paper, the stamped one was 150 grams watercolour paper. 

It was a big and long project. I had to cut out 14 black flags and 28 white flags! I had to ink 28 watercolour papers with watery brown inks! I had to stamp 28 papers with different designs and I had to crayon plenty of edges!






The letters were cut out with Sizzix Bigz Die, Sassy Alphabets from orange cardstocks and I added some glitters onto the surface of the letters. And to highlight them more I inked the edges with Ranger Archival, Jet Black ink. In the end I sealed each letter with Schmincke Acrylic Medium. It gave an extra shine for my letters.


















The stamps I used:

Stampers Anonymous, Halloween Silhouettes by Tim Holtz (CMS115)

Stampers Anonymous, Undertaker by Tim Holtz (CMS240)

Stampers Anonymous, Regions Beyond by Tim Holtz (CMS274)

Stampers Anonymous, Pumpkinheads by Tim Holtz (CMS309)






I hope you like it! You still have time to make a banner!


With my banner I would like to join the Monday Challenge of the Simon Says Stamp blog: Shimmer and Shine


3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Monika - such a fabulous use of these papers - looks awesome! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing!! Love so much your project, perfect for Halloween, great use of stamps! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing way to use those papers - you really get to see the fab designs - and I love the glittery look of the lettering too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!