Thursday 13 September 2018

Card - MFT snowman

Here is a clean and simple card or frankly... here is my card which looks like clean and simple but it wasn't that simple to make it :-) 

First I wanted this card to be entered to the MFT Card Design Superstar but I changed my mind and entered another card for the CAS category. I have to tell you that it was a really hard decision because I love this snowman!


I will give you a tutorial if you don't mind...

1. I cut out a stitched rectangle with MFT Die-Namics A2 Stitched Rectangle die from Canson Watercolour paper (300gsm).

2. I placed my card to the MISTI stamping tool and started to stamp the MFT Holiday Hugs Snowman.

3. First I covered the hat, the nose and the wood sticks with washi tape because I wanted to stamp these parts in different colour. 



4. When these parts were covered with washi tape, I inked the snowman with Ranger Archival Cobalt Blue ink. Don't forget to remove the washi tape before stamping!




5. I made this covering and stamping process twice because I wasn't satisfied with the stamped image first.

6. Then I covered the snowman with washi tape and inked the hat and the arms with Ranger Archival Potting Soil ink. Again, don't forget to remove the washi tape!




7. The next step was to stamp the nose.

8. When I was ready, I stamped the text with Ranger Archival Cobalt Blue ink from the set of the MFT Snowglobe Sentiments.

9. Then I coloured the image with Ranger Distress inks with watercolour technique.

10. When it was dry I added little white acrylic paint dots with a brush here and there to make a snowfall.

11. With the same white paint, I toned back the snowdrift under the snowman.

12. I emphasized a little the eyes and the buttons with black Sakura gelly roll pen.




13. When it was dry, I smeared Micro Glaze to the surface for protection. 

14. And my CAS card was ready :-)





Thanks for stopping by!!!

With my card, I would like to join the Craft Stamper Magazine September TIMI Challenge: Anything goes.


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute and beautifully CAS. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!