Tuesday 11 June 2019

Card with dragonfly

Here is my second project for our June challenge at the Country View Challenges: It's a bug's life. This time I chose a dragonfly as a focal point of my card.



I started my project of creating a blue background. For this, I took a 300gsm watercolour paper, painted blue with DecoArt Spa Blue paint, then with a toothbrush I adhered diluted white paint to the surface.



Then I stamped circles with white paint, using one of the stamps from the PaperArtsy EEG24 stamp set. When it was dry, I stencilled white dots using Tim Holtz Bubble stencil and Ranger Opaque Matte Texture Paste.

I also spattered the surface with diluted DecoArt Burnt Umber paint.

For my blue background, I made a frame. For this, I cut out a frame, using two rectangle dies of different sizes.


I embossed it with Tim Holtz Lumber embossing folder, painted brown, then I blotted with Frayed Burlap Distress crayon.


I'm sorry but when I made the dragonfly I forgot to take pictures and I forgot what I used exactly. But I'm sure that I used some blue and turquoise acrylic paint, then a tiny silver or pearl metallic paint, then some brown ink. In the end, I cut out another dragonfly from transparent plastic and when I embossed it, I attached it with tiny fasteners to the first dragonfly.



The text is from the Stampers Anonymous, Nature's Wonder set (CMS343).



If you have a project with a bug or more, please don't hesitate to join our June challenge where you can win a £20 voucher.


2 comments:

  1. I get a definite Tim Holtz vibe… Vintage, Distressed… perfect! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, dear Monika! I love the frame you created and the sentiment is wonderful.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!