Thursday 10 October 2019

Autumn box with stamped leaves

Hello everyone, I'm here with my latest make a stamped wooden box with autumn leaves. 


For making this, I upcycled a simple orange container.

First, I painted them white with several coats using acrylic paints.

Then I started to stamp the leaves from Nature's Wonder stamp set by Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous). For stamping, I used the Gathered Twigs Distress ink but any brown is okay. Then I heat embossed with Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder. It was really a big job! I stamped and heat embossed 34 leaves, plus the two sentiments!




Then I started to colour the leaves. I used diluted DecoArt Americana paints but the best solution was the DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic paints.

When I finished the colouring I spattered the box with diluted brown paint and inked the edges of the box with Ranger Archival ink (Potting Soil).


And in the end, I covered the whole box with a silky varnish. But this is a special vintage varnish that I made by myself, I put Distress ink into the bottle and mixed them. So when I use this varnish my project gets a vintage look.












This box is now in my kitchen and I keep fruits and vegetables in it.

I hope you like it! Thank you for stopping by!

With my project, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Fall/Autumn


2 comments:

  1. Just lovely! It may have been time-consuming to stamp and emboss all those individual leaves, but it was definitely worth it. Your new fruit box is completely gorgeous - a great transformation.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning project! I so enjoyed seeing how you made it and the autumnal leaves look amazing with the beautiful words that you used 😀. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Creative wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!