Friday 6 December 2019

Paper boxes decorated with Santa

Saint Nicolas (Mikulás) was coming to town tonight, so the children have found tiny gifts, mostly candies in their socks or boots this morning. 

I think I've already written a lot about our special situation.  But if you don't get the picture, I try to explain again. We are Hungarian, but we live in Luxembourg but my daughter (Eszter) goes to French school. And to make it more complicated, Eszter's favourite language is English and in her early ages, she loved the American stories about Santa. So somehow I merged the French and the American traditions keeping the Hungarian Mikulás for December 6. Anyway, it's not unknown for the French either, mainly in the Alsace region. 

So I made 5 little boxes for my daughter's friends who will get these today.


For making the boxes, I used an old and retired die from Sizzix, the Milk Carton box die and decorated with Santas from the Jingle All The Way MFT stamp set. 

The paper is from a First Edition Christmas paper pad.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!