Friday 6 December 2019

Vintage Hungarian Christmas cards #77

Today is the big day when the children find little treats in their clean and shiny boots in Hungary. That was St Nicholas (Mikulás) who visited them during the night and put his tiny present, mostly candies to the boots.

Well, this is why I have brought you here, to the blog a special postcard. I have to tell you that I was so lucky I could get this card. 


This is not a card which was printed in Germany, Italy or elsewhere in Europe in big quantity. This was printed in Hungary! This image was on the wrapping paper of a chocolate bar made in the Hungarian Chocolate Factory, in Szerencs.

St Nicholas's (Mikulás) bag is filled with Szerencsi chocolate bars and candies. The edges of this card are gold and I just love the colours of this card.

This postcard was posted in 1939.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!