Saturday 11 January 2020

Theodore goes to the forest

Finally, Theodore has arrived!!! So today, I could finish my card. The background was made to another project but I changed my mind and I put this aside because I knew that it would be perfect for Theo.


As for the background, I saved some pictures of birch forest to one of my Pinterest board. Here is one:


And here is my tutorial.

I cut out the birch trees twice from 300gsm watercolour paper with the Sizzix Thinlits Branch Birch die. Then I started to colour it with grey Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils first, and finally with Feber-Castell Pitt Oil Base Monochrome pencil.



I coloured the upper part with different green and yellow Distress inks, then I spritzed with water.






After the birch trees were attached to the background in two rows. But before I did this, I covered the holes of the birch trees with grey papers (of course, on the backside).



For the lower part, I cut out a rectangle with the same width but with the hight which just covered the bottom of the birch trees.

I coloured with green Distress inks, spattered with water then with diluted Gathered Twigs ink. I distressed the top of this paper then inked the edges with Walnut Stain, then Ground Espresso ink.


For the flowers, I used the following Funky Florals pieces from the set 1.


I coloured them with Distress inks, inked the edges with Ground Espresso, then glued to the bottom part.


The whole background was placed onto a black panel and I added a sentiment from one of the Sticker Book.

That's it! 

After I assembled Theodore and added to the card.



With my card, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Something New, as Theodore is from the new release of Sizzix/Tim Holtz and actually I've never used before the birch tree so it was new to me.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Fun With Florals

I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!


Here is my other project with Theodore, a framed Valentine's Day picture.



1 comment:

  1. Love your entry and all the step by step you captured and shared.

    diana
    https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!