Thursday 13 February 2020

Polka dot house - hanging decor

I have made this tiny house for a friend who last year have found their dream house, dream home. Unfortunately, the house is still under renovation and they are looking forward to moving in. Until this precious moment, I try to cheer her up with this tiny house. 



I cut out the structure from 300 gsm paper. Then I took a 200 gsm paper and I stamped the polka dot pattern from the Stampers Anonymous Dots&Floral set on. After I heat embossed with Ranger white embossing powder. 

When it cooled down, I inked the surface with Hickory Smoke ink and cut out the structure again.


Then I glued the lighter paper on the heavy cardstock.


On the front of the house, I added tiny windows and a little door, and the number of their future house.

For the roof, I used the Nordic pattern of the Stampers Anonymous Plaid&Nordic stamp set. The process was the same, I stamped the Nordic pattern on the 200gsm paper, then heat embossed with white, then inked with Hickory Smoke.



On the back, I wrote a text: It feels like home. And I added a little heart too.


What I used:

Sizzix Bigz L die, Tiny Houses by Tim Holtz - I used the bigger structure

Sizzix Bigz XL die, Village Dwelling by Tim Holtz - for the door

Sizzix Bigz die, Village Bungalow by Tim Holtz - I used the smaller window

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Label by Tim Holtz - for the text

Sizzix Side Order, Valentine by Tim Holtz - for the tiny heart

Stampers Anonymous, Plaid&Nordic by Tim Holtz (CMS243)

Stampers Anonymous, Dots&Floral by Tim Holtz (CMS220)

Idea-Ology, Countdown Brads

Ranger embossing powder, white

Ranger, Distress ink (Hickory Smoke)

Ranger Archival ink (Hickory Smoke)



I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

Come here tomorrow and you can see the matching card!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!