Tuesday 11 February 2020

Theodore in love

Hello everyone, here is my second inspirational project for the February challenge of the Country View Challenges. The theme is: Splatters, splashes and drips.


For this card, I have made a weathered wooden plank background. I'm sorry, I won't tell you here how I made it, because I've already made and shared with you a similar tutorial. So if you like it, please visit my earlier blogpost.

The only difference, that here I scored the paper more often,  the cover painting was light blue and I splattered with diluted white paint this time.



If you need a tutorial of assembling Theodore, then please visit my earlier blogpost too (that's another one).

The strip on the bottom was made with the Sizzix Impresslits die, 3D Star Trim by Tim Holtz. I cut out from 300gsm watercolour paper and coloured Walnut Stain Ranger Distress marker first, then with Tarnished Brass Distress Crayon.



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Label by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Theodore by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Impresslits die, 3D Star Trim by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Movers&Shapers die Mini Love Stuck by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Bigz Die, Hardware Findings by Tim Holtz

Idea-Ology, Hitch Fasteners

Idea-Ology, Long Fasteners

Ranger Distress Crayon (Tarnished Brass)

DecoArt Americana paint (Burnt Umber, Spa Blue, Snow White)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Vintage Photo)

Ranger Distress marker (Walnut Stain)





So, if you have a project with splatters and/or splashes and/or drips, please don't hesitate to join our February challenge where you can win a £20 voucher!



More cards with Theodore:

Theodore goes to the Forest

Honey, I love you!


With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: With Love




2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely brilliant Monika! Your background is wonderful, and thanks so much for the tutorial on how to put Theodore together. I must admit I had to have him but I've not used him yet. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card! I like Theodore, although I can't think who I could send a card with him on! Love the wood planks background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!