Tuesday 6 October 2020

Christmas card - Christmastime by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, I'm here with a new card and with a step by step tutorial. This card was made with one of the Sizzix Chapter 3 dies by Tim Holtz, it's called Christmastime. I hope you like the scene I created.


Now let's start from the beginning. First of all, with the couple. 

Here I will explain you how I assemble the male character, because I did the same with the female.

I cut out the male two times to make it thicker. The brown is a great underlayer. I glued them together.


Then I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress ink and coloured the face with Beige and Flesh Colour Zig Clean markers.


I used the same green cardstock for the hat and the same brown for the hair and the boots.


The scarf became blue, and of course I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs. And as I said, I did the same with the lady. So my happy couple is ready.


Now the background. 


I took an about 250 gsm paper and stencilled it with the Stampers Anonymous Bricked stencil. For this I used the Ranger Opaque Matte Texture Paste. I used the whole stencil. When it was dry, I cut them in two and painted with Hickory Smoke Distress paint.


I cut a rectangle panel with my Tim Holtz Trimmer from a 300 gsm paper. I painted dark blue the two-thirds with Chipped Sapphire Distress paint.


When it was dry, I inked the edges of the bottom with Gathered Twigs and Hickory Smoke Distress inks.


And the edges of the upper part with Black Soot Archival ink.


I inked the edges of the wall panels with Ground Espresso and Black Soot Archival inks.


I adhered my brick panels to the big rectangle panel and then I cut off the excess.


I used one of the Christmas ephemera pieces to make a house number. I made holes into the ephemera piece and fix it to the panel with mini fasteners.


Then I spattered my card with white acrylic paint. For this I covered my characters with cut-outs because I didn't want too much snow on them.


Then I spattered the characters too. When the snow was dry I  adhered my main panel onto a black panel with double-sided adhesive tape. And in the end, I sticked them onto a grey card. And my card was ready. This time there is no sentiment, I think it's obvious that this is a Christmas card.


Thank you for stopping by!!! Happy crafting!!!




3 comments:

  1. The snow is so realistic for this ADORABLE card!!
    I had to come to see the original one because I have this Thinlits Set and have yet to use it. The house number is such a CUTE idea, and I have this 'thing' for the TH Bricks, so I really LOVE the bricking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card! So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!