Tuesday 12 October 2021

Card with bear and birch tree - Cozy Winter by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, I'm so happy that the Cozy Winter set arrived to my home. Covid and Brexit make it so hard to order and buy craft products especially from Luxembourg. Here in Luxembourg you can't find any store, neither a brick and mortar nor an online shop which sells Sizzix, Ranger or Stampers Anonymous products. I lost my UK sources, so my only hope is the online shops in Netherland and sometimes in Germany.  Well, despite the difficulties this cute bear is finally here and I could make a card with him.


And here is my tutorial.

The main part of the bear (later the hands or forelegs) was coloured with Vintage Photo and the edges with Walnut Stain. The belly and the muzzle were coloured with Antique Linen and the edges with Walnut Stain.


The scarf was cut out from a paper which was part of an old paper pad, the Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection set.


The ears were coloured with Tattered Rose Distress marker.


The birch trees were coloured with Pumice Stone ink. It means, I blended Pumice Stone ink to the edges of the trees and also drew tiny lines on the trees with grey watercolour marker.

I cut out a panel from watercolour paper that was placed behind the birch tree cover. This rectangle panel was coloured with Stormy Sky Oxide ink.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Cozy Winter by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Branched Birch by Tim Holtz

Stampers Anonymous, Tiny Text Christmas by Tim Holtz

Ranger Distress inks (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone)

Ranger Distress Oxide ink (Stormy Sky)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Black Soot)

I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!



4 comments:

  1. Love your card Thank you so much for the detailed tutorial. Your bear is adorable. I ordered mine from Marco's Paper a month ago. Still waiting to receive amongst other TH dies on my order it's been a month now. I hope to get them soon so I can create too!! Yours is beautiful. Thank you do much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! I hope you will enjoy your ordered dies soon! Happy crafting!

      Delete
  2. Your card is super cute. I love that bear. He’s adorable. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!