Tuesday 16 November 2021

Card with retro oven by Tim Holtz

I'm slowly collecting Tim's latest Christmas dies and stamps. Here you can see my card with the charming retro oven. 


The oven was cut out from 300 gsm paper and I coloured with Candied Apple Distress paint. This is a beautiful classic red, I think. Here in the picture you can see my oven with one coat of paint. I added 3 layers in total.


All other parts of the oven were cut out from coloured cardstock: grey, black, dark brown. The silver elements were cut out from a silver paper that I took from the Metallic Kraft Stock Paper Pad.

I drew the outline of the oven on a grey cardstock then I cut out a few millimetres smaller. I glued this to the back after inserting the shaker Dome to the hole. Here you can see that I attached double-sided tape adhesive to the back of the oven.


Here, in this picture you can see that I placed the dome to the hole.


And here you can see how I covered the back with grey cardstock.

I placed the oven on a printed paper from one of Tim's Christmas Paper Stash (TH94085). 

The text was stamped on dark brown paper and heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine White embossing powder.

The tiny calendar is part of the Mini Christmas Things die set.




What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Retro Oven by Tim Holtz (665586)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Christmas Things by Tim Holtz (662418)

Sizzix Shaker Domes, Rounded Square (664920)

Stampers Anonymous, Tiny Text Christmas by Tim Holtz (CMS424)

Idea-Ology Christmas Paper Stash 8x8" (TH94085)

Ranger embossing powder (white super fine)

Ranger Distress paint (Candied Apple)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Ground Espresso)

Ranger Distress ink (Walnut Stain)

etc.



I hope you like it! Thank you for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!