Thursday 19 May 2022

Thank you card with red brushstroke flowers

So if you like the red then, it's your type of card. I added my flowers a really bold red colour to pop out from the background. 


For this card I got the background from one of my earlier projects, a tag. But there I didn't post any pictures about the creation and I didn't explain how I made it. 

So I took a 300 gsm paper and covered with an even layer of gesso.


When it was dry, I fixed the stencil on the paper with washi tape. 


With a piece of sponge, I dabbed the grey acrylic paint on the paper through the stencil. When it was dry, I spattered with white acrylic paint.


I inked the edges with Hickory Smoke Archival ink, then I placed and glued on a red panel.

For the flowers I used 300 gsm watercolour paper and blended Distress inks onto the surface. First Candied Apple, then Barn Door. The top layers were coloured with Abandoned Coral marker and with Rusty Hinge the middle part. All the edges of all pieces were inked with Gathered Twigs.


The leaves were coloured with Peeled Paint first, then with Rustic Wilderness.




Here I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs.



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Handwritten Celebrate (660215)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Brushstroke Flowers 2 (665210)

Stampers Anonymous, Shifter Stripes (THS108)

Ranger Distress inks, markers




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Add texture




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!