Sunday 5 June 2022

Gladys by Tim Holtz with moon and stars

Hello everyone, I'm here with my second project for our June challenge over at the Country View Challenges. The theme is Seeing Stars


And the main character of my card, the star is the wonderful Gladys herself :-) I wanted a simple, not too cluttered background to highlight Gladys.

For the background, I cut out a rectangle panel from 300 gsm watercolour paper and I sticked the moon mask to the paper. I started to blend Distress Oxide inks (Salvaged Patina, Prize Ribbon, Chipped Sapphire, Ground Espresso), then I finished with the original Distress inks (Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Ground Espresso).


I covered the ground part of my card and I spattered 
with gold acrylic paint the sky.


Next step was to make the moon. For this, I used the moon stencil and Distress Oxide inks (Antique Linen, Hickory Smoke).


I also added Resist Spray to the moon to make it a little shiny but I didn't spritz directly to the moon. First I put a little amount to a plastic sheet, then I dabbed the liquid with a sponge onto the surface.

I also spritzed with water the card but just slightly.


I coloured a piece of watercolour paper with the same gold paint I used for the spattering. When it was dry, I cut out the tiny stars. 

Gladys was painted with Distress paints, just like this card


What I used: 

Sizzix Thinlits die, Colorize Gladys (665851)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Witchcraft (662386)

Stampers Anonymous, Moon Mask (MSK01)

Ranger Distress ink pads (originals and Oxides)

Schmincke Bronze Acrylic Gold

Ranger Distress Resist spray

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Black Soot)

My Favorite Things, Friendship Rocks stamp set




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: It's up in the air





2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Monika! Gladys looks amazing but the real star (no pun intended) for me is this wonderful background. You make it look so easy with your tutorials. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... superb design and inking! Love the layered die-cut too.. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!