Thursday 10 November 2022

Le soldat rose wishes you merry Christmas - Harvey in pink

When one idea comes from an other idea, and you just can't stop thinking and creating, that's so cool, that's the flow. Last time I made a card with a red Harvey standing next to Santa's big bag. Well, Harvey was guarding the toys. And that's what Soldat Rose (Pink Soldier) does. This is a French musical and when my daughter was 7 years old, her school, the Luxembourgish École Francaise performed this play with the participation of all students. My daughter was a doll in this play.

And now the story in a nutshell. Le Soldat Rose was the ancient toy in a department store, in the toy section. No one wanted to buy it, because the boys didn't like his colour, and the girls didn't want a toy with a gun. A little boy, Joseph hid in the toy department, and when the shop closed, the toys came to life. There were many loveable character in this musical and the music was just super. I really love this musical! So this musical inspired my card.


The background was made exactly how I explained in my earlier card, just click on the card with red Harvey word above. Here I just used a different stamp set. 

The candy cane is not from the Toyland die set, because I wanted to place it on the right side, so I made another one from the Mini Christmas Things die set.





What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Harvey Colorize (666066)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Toyland Colorize (664972)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Christmas Things (662418)

Stampers Anonymous, Christmas Nostalgia (CMS207)

Idea-Ology, Christmas paper stash (TH94085)

Idea-Ology, Christmas Droplets (TH94297)

MFT Stamps, French Greetings Galore

etc.



Oh, and the story takes place a few days before Christmas and has an absolute happy ending. Joseph the lost boy finds his parents and the pink soldier finds his fiancée, who is none other than the doll of Joseph's sister. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!