Thursday 24 November 2022

Twig and Stump meets Santa Claus

Now, after many posts with Harvey, here I am with Twig and Stump the two adorable snowmen from the latest Sizzix release by Tim Holtz. 


I imagined a scene, a night before Christmas, when Twig and Stump notice Santa and his reindeers in the sky. And they start waving to them, and Santa wishes them a Merry Christmas. To create this scene, I used the last year Diecember die by Sizzix Tim Holtz, the Dash Away All. This had the perfect size for my card.

For the background I used blue inks and spray stains. I just added layers after layers. First I started with lighter colours and I added darker like Chipped Sapphire close to the edges. I also added Black Soot to the edges. In the end I sealed the whole sky part with diluted Uncharted Mariner paint.


The tree was inked with Crushed Olive and Rustic Wilderness. I inked with Speckled Egg the edges of the snowmen. I put white paint to the edges of the pine tree. I started to glue on the die-cuts on the card, then I splattered with white paint.


And one more thing. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Doodle Greetings 2 stamp set on the inside of the card. 



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Twig&Stump (666072)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Dash Away All - Diecember 2021 (665468)

Stampers Anonymous, Tiny Text Christmas (CMS424)

Stampers Anonymous, Doodle Greetings 2 (CMS286)

Ranger Distress inks, paints



I hope you like it! Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!