Tuesday 22 November 2022

Golden Harvey with Speckled Egg background

I'm still playing with my gold and white Harveys and the colours that go with them. And I'm here with my fourth Harvey who got a Speckled Egg background this time. 



As you can see in this picture below, I tried a red background before the blue, but I didn't like them together. So I put the red background aside and I'm sure I will use it later for another project. Here I painted a piece of 300gsm watercolour paper blue with the Speckled Egg paint, then I inked the edges with Faded Jeans Archival ink. In the end, I embossed it with the old and retired Holiday Knit embossing folder. 

Basically, I kept the composition I chose for my pure gold and white card, but modified it slightly. I placed Harvey to the right side, I placed a Christmas tree next to him and I also put more gold stars.


The big stars are from the Twig&Stump, the tiny ones are from the Festive Things die set.

What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Harvey Colorize (666066)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Festive Things (664191)

Sizzix Texture Fades, Holiday Knit embossing folder (661336)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Mini Christmas Things (662418)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Twig&Stump (666072)

Stampers Anonymous, Tiny Text Christmas (CMS424)

Ranger Distress paint (Speckled Egg)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Faded Jeans)

Ranger embossing powder (Princess Gold)

Schmincke Arcryl Bronze, Rich Gold

Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops




Don't worry, I will only come back once more with Harvey! I think it's time to say goodbye to him for a while and it's time to work with another dies and/or stamps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!