Friday 17 November 2023

Christmas card with Trim a Tree by Tim Holtz

Here is the card that I had already finished yesterday but I was able to take pictures of it today. For this card I used the Trim A Tree die and the Sparkle embossing folder.


Although I love the traditional Christmas colours, I wanted something different this time. This is why I chose the Picked Raspberry paint for the background. 

So first I took a panel and painted with the Picked Raspberry Distress paint. When it was dry, I embossed my panel with the Sparkle embossing folder. Then I added a thin layer of White Pearl paint from DecoArt Americana. Since I wanted to enhance the embossed pattern, I went over the panel with a brayer using white paint. When the white went to other parts than the embossed pattern I quickly wiped it off with a wet paper towel.

The pieces of the tree were cut out from white paper, then I inked the edges with Pumice Stone ink. Then painted all the pieces with the same White Pearl paint that I used for the background. The pot of the tree was inked with Pumice Stone, but I added Ground Espresso to the edges. Then I covered this with White Pearl too.



The ornaments were cut out from two different shades of green. I glued them together, then I added a tiny drop of gold to the top part. In the end, I covered them with White Pearl paint.

Here you can see the ornaments before adding the pearl paint and after.



I stamped the text directly to the background with Archival inks, first with Ground Espresso, then with Black Soot because the Ground Espresso was not enough.

I also placed a paper behind my card from the new 2023 Idea-Ology release.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Trim A Tree Colorize (666332)

Sizzix Texture Fades embossing folder, Sparkle (666298)

Stampers Anonymous, Cozy Christmas (CMS444)

Idea-Ology Christmas Backdrops (TH94346)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Black Soot, Ground Espresso)

Ranger Distress paint (Picked Raspberry)

Ranger Distress ink (Pumice Stone)

DecoArt Americana (White Pearl)

etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!