Monday 14 October 2013

Styrofoam owl for Halloween

I always wanted an owl as part of the Halloween decoration on my mantelpiece. So I decided to prepare one. For this I bought a styrofoam owl. 



I painted many coats of brown acrylic paint to hide the tiny holes. I used sandpaper to sand the protruding lines on the sides of the form. (But just if you painted at least two coats.)




I used gold paint to highlight the eyes, the feathers, the ears and the beak. In the end I put Schmincke acryl fluid-meduim.




And here is a not too fearsome Halloween mantelpiece with the owl.





I also show you my last year Halloween mantelpiece without the owl.





My other blogpost on this subject:


Styrofoam owl decorates with decopatch technique


2 comments:

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!