Thursday 7 November 2013

Painting porcelain

Last week we visited the Villeroy&Boch Ceramic Museum in Mettlach. We'd already been there about 2 years ago, but we hadn't take the opportunity to paint a plate for 3 euros only. But last Monday Eszter and I, we both painted plates.

Eszter had a plan at home to paint a plate with full of hearts. I like the colours she chose.



And I wanted to paint my marzipan Christmas cake. So I had printed the picture of my cake from my blog and I began to paint with this.



While we were looking at the exhibition the plates dried.  But after, at home we had to bake them in the oven at 160 degrees for 90 minutes. With this the paint is permanent and dishwasher safe. 

Now I decided to buy some colours of porcelain paint and start to decorate our china at home :-)




My other blogposts in this subject:

Handmade painted porcelain - Easter plate with bunny and eggs

DIY porcelain painting - Easter plate with bunny and dots



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!