Sunday 27 September 2015

Halloween porcelain painting with Tim Holtz figures

It was time to make some porcelain paintings for Halloween. For making the patterns for the painting I used the Sizzix Halloween dies designed by Tim Holtz. 

















Now I show you how I made them step by step.


1. I cut out the shapes using the following dies:

Sizzix Bigz Die, Bewitching Hour by Tim Holtz (657005)
Sizzix Bigz Die, Raven&Scaredy Cat by Tim Holtz (656928)
Sizzix Movers&Shapers, Mini Owl&Crescent Moon (658725)


2. I took a clean plate.






3. I outlined the shapes with a porcelain paint marker.











4. I coloured the shape with brush and black porcelain paint. First I made just a thin layer.






5. When it dried I put another layer black paints.






6. I drew little bats around the edges.






7. I used the same technique to colour the bats.


8. When it was finished I stole my daughter's Rebelle foam bullet (shhh... don't tell her!) to make dots with purple and orange paints.






9. Then I started to make another plate.





10. Onto this place I made smaller dots too with a small size brush.


11. I put them into the oven for 90 minutes at 160 ℃.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!