Friday 1 July 2016

Birthday card with circles

For our July Challenge on the Country View Challenges blog the lovely Hazel has chosen the theme: HAVE FUN WITH CIRCLES. I had fun with the circles as I created the circles by myself using every object around me which had round shape, like plastic bottle cap, sellotape roll and even the bottle of the Ranger Mini Mister!


Well, this is what I made.





For making this, I cut out a rectangle from a white sketch paper with Sizzix Framelits Die, Squares (657565). Then I started to draw circles with an acrylic ink pen.










Then I started to colour with DecoArt Americana paints. With DecoArt Americana Dioxazine Purple the part around the circles.





And with the following colours I painted the circles: Indian Turquoise, Desert Turquoise, Pineapple, Mint Julep, Bluegrass Green.












With a sponge I smeared some white acrylic paint on the whole painting. Then I inked the edges with Ranger Distress ink (Walnut Stain). I added two stickers from Tim Holtz Small Talk Sticker Book. I inked the edges of the stickers with Ranger Distress Hickory Smoke ink.







I cut out a circle inside with Sizzix Framelits Die, Circles (657551), I painted purple and smeared with white. I also cut out the text Happy Birthday with Sizzix Thinlits Die, Handwritten Celebrate (660215).






And that's it, my birthday card is ready!

If you also want to have fun with circles, please join our July Challenge and show us your creation! With this you can win a £20 voucher!


Happy crafting!


9 comments:

  1. Love your old circles design Monika and how you painted to get the finished design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely piece Monika, it's cool the way they link together x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So. Skilfully painted Monika.....fabulous combination of colours. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the household object to create this delightful card - it's a treat! Sorry I've been MIA again - I've a couple of weeks coming up soon in CZ when I'm planning to do some proper catching up!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like an expensive abstract painting! I like the idea of using household items to craft with (instead of bought supplies).
    Well, I say that but I DO love to spend on craft supplies too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous design monika .. the circles look brilliant. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this simple and clear-cut design and the way you created it! Beautiful circle card!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your circles - great abstract layout! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!