Friday 21 September 2018

Autumn card with scarecrow by Tim Holtz

Last year I made an autumnal canvas with the scarecrow by Tim Holtz. And I was really pleased with the design that I figured out at the time. 

So I decided to make a card with the same design with some slight changes.



As for the background...

Here I chose a 300gsm mixed media paper and I glued wrinkled tissue paper with decoupage glue to the surface.

Then I painted with acrylic paints.

Then I added a layer of Distress Collage Medium Matte. This is good for protection and for me, it makes easier to adhere the elements.

As for the tree...

I cut out twice the tree from thick brown cardstock and I stamped the woodgrains on from the Birch and Pine set with Ranger Archival Potting Soil ink.

As for the scarecrow... 

I have good news! I can give you a step by step tutorial about how to give your silhouette scarecrow a personality :-)

1. I cut out the base from kraft paper.


2. I took a patterned paper and cut out the scarecrow. Then I cut the part which was perfect for clothes.


3. I took a cream colour paper and cut out the scarecrow, then cut off the head and the lower hay part. (I always brown inked the edges of the new part before I added to the base.) 


4. I cut out the hat from patterned paper and added orange ink with a sponge.


5. I glued the hat on the basic.


6. For the eyes, I used the middle part of the smallest flowers from the Funky Florals #1 set.


7. From an orange cardstock, I cut out a small triangle. That became the nose.


8. I drew the mouth with a pencil...


9. .. and when I was satisfied with the result, I drew it with Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pen (F size).


10. Then I changed my mind and I put other clothes on my scarecrow :-)


11. And I added a little flower to the clothes.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits Die, Fall Foliage by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits Die, Funky Florals #1 by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits Die, Scarecrow by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits Die, Sentiment Words by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits Die, Small Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Bigz Die, Branch Tree by Tim Holtz

Idea-Ology, Mini Fasteners

Idea-Ology, Big Chat Stickers

Ranger Distress ink pads (Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed)




I hope you like it!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

With my card, I would like to join the CropStop Link Party #43: Anything goes


3 comments:

  1. What an adorable autumn card! I love your paper pieced scarecrow and that awesome tissue paper background! Thanks for linking this up to the Cropstop blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's delightful - the scarecrow looks just perfect dressed up in plaid - great use of all those dies, and a lovely variation on last year's canvas.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'aime beaucoup ce petit épouvantail...
    Un beau travail d'habillage.
    Bises.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!