Friday 16 November 2018

Christmas card with the three wise men

This by the light
Of the same star
Three wise men came
From the country far

To seek for a King
Was their intent
And to follow the star
Wherever it went

Well, this song was in my mind with Bing Crosby's voice when I was making the following card.



When I first saw the Wise Men Thinlits die, I knew that I wanted it and I knew exactly that I wanted to use it with the Swirling Stars (from the Halloween release) and not with the Snowy Stars (from the Christmas release).

First of all, I cut out the wise men from black cardstock, then I chose one from the Sizzix Rectangle Framelits die set which has the perfect size.

Then I positioned the wise men to see where I could cut the stars. When I found the best place I cut out the stars.

After this, I started to blend different blue inks and a little black from the edge to the middle. I used Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Saphire and Black Soot.






These photos were taken in the evening with another camera this is why you can see a difference between the colours of the final and the process photos.

When I was satisfied with the colours I spattered the background with Brushed Pewter Distress Spray Stain.




Then I attached the wise men to the bottom.

I placed and attached my card to a little bit bigger glitter paper (Deco Sheets) and then to a little bigger black card.

With the glitter paper behind the scene, my stars can sparkle.

And the perfect text is from the unfortunately retired Small Talk sticker book (Occasions).


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!


3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. And thank you for posting the step by step tutorial with the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card... Love your sky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So VERY beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!