Thursday 24 January 2019

Wooden box with stamped fish

Here's my latest make, a wooden box that I stamped with fish from the Gill Friends stamp set by My Favorite Things. 




First I painted the lid white with acrylic paint, then I sanded with fine sandpaper. I wiped off the dust and put another layer of white paint on. 

I stamped the fish with Ranger Distress ink then I heat embossed using the Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.



The next step was to colour the images with acrylic paints and with a fine brush.


I added diluted blue paint around the images. When it was dry I inked the edges with Ranger Archival ink Hydrangea and after with Coffee. I also tapped Hydrangea onto the parts among the fish. 

With this, I wasn't ready, I masked the fish and spattered the lid with diluted white paint.

I have a favourite medium (Schmincke Fluid Medium) that I use as a final coat, it gives silky shine to my projects. But this time I put two drops from the Ranger Distress Antique Linen reinker to make my medium vintage.



I hope you like it!!! Happy crafting!!!


1 comment:

  1. This is delightful - those fish are so sweet, and you've painted them beautifully.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!