Saturday 9 February 2019

Black and white monster card with sarcastic text

In February at the Country View Challenges there's a challenge called Black and White (plus one). I hesitated a lot about the second design and in the end I made two totally different cards. I decided to use the other one as a second project and you can see that on February 17. 


But here is my monster card.



The first layer is a black folded card.

For the second, layer I took a white cardstock and with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink, I stencilled these cute dots using the Stampers Anonymous Polkadot (THS068) layering stancil by Tim Holtz.

For the third layer, again I took a white cardstock and with the Jet Black ink and Tim's Stripes and Holiday stamp set  (CMS281) and stamped the stripe pattern.

I inked the edges of both cards with Ranger Distress Black Soot ink.

The frame was cut with the Sizzix Bigz Ornate Frame die from black cardstock but I heat embossed with Ranger Distress Black Soot embossing powder. 

The monster was cut out from green cardstock with Sizzix Thinlits Silly Monsters die.

I also used two brads (Long Fasteners) and one text from the Big Talk Snarky sticker book: I don't know where all this crap about me being a "difficult person" is coming from. 
I'm sure this crumpy monster has really no idea :-)

I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see the monsters are out, one of my favorite stamp sets. Works so well with snarky text. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!