Tuesday 26 February 2019

Interactive dino card with Prehistoric die by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, I'm so excited to share with you my very first interactive card! For this card, I used one of the dinos, the T-Rex from Tim Holtz Prehistoric set. For making my card interactive, I used the MFT (Die-Namics) dies and one slide disc, but don't worry I took some photos and below I will try to explain everything below.




My first layer was a large green square card.

The second was a brown cardstock and the edges were inked with Ranger Distress Walnut Stain ink.



The third layer and all the elements of my scene were cut out from 300gsm watercolour paper.



Then I coloured the third layer square with Ranger Distress inks. The sky with Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky, the desert/ground with Old Paper, Scattered Straw and Frayed Burlap. I spritzed the whole background with diluted Brushed Corduroy. Then I covered it with a very thin layer of Amsterdam white paint that I added to the surface with a sponge. This acrylic cover is a great protection for my inky background.


I coloured the dino, the palm tree with Distress markers, then I used a wet brush to achieve a watercolour effect.


I cut out a slider channel in the sandhill part with a Die-Namics die.

I also cut out a pull tab with a Die-Namics die. I added foam adhesive tape to the back side of the sandhill, leaving a channel for the pull tab.


I put a sliding disc into the channel and with double-sided tape, I adhered it to the pull tab.



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Prehistoric by Tim Holtz - for the dino

Sizzix Thinlits die, Tropical by Tim Holtz - for the palm tree

Sizzix Thinlits die, Home For The Holidays by Tim Holtz - for the sand drift

Sizzix Thinlits die, Snowglobe by Tim Holtz - for the clouds

Sizzix Thinlits die, Snowglobe 2 by Tim Holtz - for one of the clouds

MFT, Die Namics, Interactive Pull Tabs - for the pull tab

MFT, Die Namics, Surf&Turf - for the slider channel

MFT, Spin&Slide discs

Ranger Distress inks

Ranger Distress markers

Double-sided foam adhesive tape

Double-sided adhesive tape

We R Memory Keepers, Crop-A-Dile Big Bite - for the hole on the pull tab




Actually, I made this card for my nephew who is a 10 years old Hungarian boy, who started to study English this year and who needs a little encouragement to learn English :-)

I uploaded a video to my Facebook page and to my YouTube channel if you want to see how the T-Rex keeps moving forward :-D
Here is the link to the video on Facebook, or here is another one on YouTube.




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Vintage/Past Times


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! Love the scene and the interactive dino. Lovely vintage colors, too. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!