Wednesday 6 February 2019

Red card for the Chinese New Year

For making this card I had two inspirations. First of all, at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge there's a challenge called: Add some red. And secondly, yesterday when I made this card there was the day of the Chinese New Year. Red and gold are lucky colours in the Chinese culture and you can often see them on New Year's decorations and cards. 


So I wanted to make a vintage card with a background like a Chinese silk fabric and with a text for wishing good luck,  happiness, joy, richness etc. Actually, my chosen colours symbolize the foregoing things. 

For the background, I used one of the background stamps of the Vines and Roses set (CMS298). Using the stamping platform, I stamped the images with Ranger Distress Scattered Straw ink and heat embossed with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder. 

Then I coloured the background first with Ranger Distress Abandoned Corals and Worn Lipstick but I realised I want stronger red, so I added Festive Berries too. I also added Aged Mahagony around the edges. The very edges were inked with Gathered Twigs and I also spattered the background with diluted Gathered Twigs.

The edges of the second layer were heat embossed with Ranger Princess Gold.

The text is from Sizzix Thinlits die, Handwritten Celebrate set and I heat embossed with Princess Gold too.

For the baroque panel, I used the Stacked Baroque Thinlits dies. I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs and spritzed with the same diluted ink.


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!! And happy new year to you!!! As to myself, I hope the year of the pig will be luckier than the dog year :-) 



2 comments:

  1. The red and gold is so opulent and rich - a great celebration of the Chinese New Year. Happy Year of the Pig to you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!! The red and gold looks wonderful and the splatters are perfect. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!