Friday 19 July 2019

Christmas banner with St. Nick

Last year I made a few Christmas banners to have wall decorations during the holiday. My favourite was this which was made with Tim's huge Santa stamp from the Festive Sketch set. I was very satisfied with this creation, how it turned out. 

But when I first assembled Tim's latest Sizzix design, the Jolly St. Nick, I knew immediately that this cuteness deserved to be a focal part of a big banner.

So I made this:


The first layer was a red cardstock that I cut out with the Sizzix Framelits Plus die. So you can imagine, this banner is really huge (18x26cm).

With a knife, I distressed the edges, then inked with Walnut Stain Distress ink.

The second layer is one piece from Tim's 12x12" Dapper Paper Stash. With the edges, I did the same process as with the first layer.

The third layer was again a red one - I did the same as with the first layer.

Now the top layer was a 200gsm watercolour paper. For this, I created a polka dot background using Tim's Polkadot stencil (THS068), embossing ink and white embossing powder from Ranger.

Then I inked the paper with Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass inks. In the end, I applied diluted Antique Linen ink which was added with a brush.

The edges were distressed then and inked with Walnut Stain.



Assembling St. Nick was a little time-consuming but not that difficult that it looked for the first sight. But if you need help, Sizzix explains everything here.

I used red, black and grey cardstocks, except for the white and skin parts. His skin was coloured with Zig Clean markers (Flesh Colour, Pale Pink, Pale Rose). The golden parts were painted with gold acrylic paint.

The word, believe was cut out from the same cardstock that I used for Santa's suit. I cut out twice to make dimension. This word belongs to the Sizzix, Script Holiday Words 1 set.

I also used two Mirrored Stars and Silver Tinsel Twine from the Idea-Ology brand.




I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!