Friday 17 January 2020

Valentine's Day card with rusty frame

Hello everyone, I would like to show you my rusty Valentine's Day card.


And I start - in medias res - with a tutorial. 

First, I cut out a rectangle panel, then I placed the biggest Stacked Baroque die in the middle and I run it through the Sizzix Big Shot.


Then I added Grit-Paste directly to the surface with a palette knife but then I tapped the whole surface with a piece of sponge to achieve a really textured, a more rough surface.


When it was completely dry, I coloured the surface with the following paints: DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream, Transparent Red Iron Oxide, Quinacridone Gold and Burnt Umber.


I inked the edges with Black Soot Archival ink.


Then I inserted 4 Hex Fasteners to the corners.


What I used:

Sizzix Bigz Die, Primitive Hearts

Sizzix Thinlits die, Stacked Baroque by Tim Holtz

Idea-Ology, Hex Fasteners

Idea-Ology, Angel Wings Adornments

Idea-Ology, Typed Tokens

Stampers Anonymous, Reflections by Tim Holtz (CMS111)

Stampers Anonymous, Burlap layering stencil by Tim Holtz (THS007)

DecoArt paints

Ranger Distress paint (Stormy Sky, Picket Fence)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Black Soot)

Ranger Grit-Paste


With my card, I would like to join the:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Rust It Up

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Use A Stencil





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!