Friday 10 April 2020

Tag with circles

Hello crafty friends, today I would like to show you my latest creation, a tag. When I started this tag I wasn't sure that it could be a finished tag because I wanted to do some experimenting. I wanted to try my new Ranger embossing glazes by Tim Holtz. And yes, in the end, I was really satisfied with the result so I wanted to share it with you immediately. 


I cut out a tag from chipboard with the Tag&Bookplates Bigz die. I added a layer of gesso and let it dry. Then I mixed a few acrylic paints and covered the surface. When it was totally dry I took out my self-made stencil, a stencil which was created by me for the bokeh challenge of the Country View Challenges.

For making my stencil I chose a quite thick plastic and cut out circles in different sizes.


Beside the embossing glazes (Broken China, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Weathered Wood) I also used an embossing powder (Weathered White) because I felt I needed a white colour. 

Through my stencil, I added embossing ink on the tag, then I sprinkled the circle area with the embossing glazes like seasoning a food, one pinch from the Broken China, one pinch from the Weathered Wood etc.


When I was ready with the embossing, I inked the edges with Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso and Black Soot Archival inks. Then I splattered with Walnut Stain paint. 


In the end, I added inspirational texts from Tim's sticker book.

With my tag, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Add some texture


I hope you like it!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Monika! This is a favorite for me from your talented hands! I love how you've combined your powders to give this an out of this world look! Perfect seasoning! I'm humbled by your skill in using these powders, and wish I'd had a visit to your blog before my own play with the glazes! This is a gorgeous tag with a fabulous message! Hope all is well with you! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous tag, Monika - your Glazed circles look like planets in a universe - amazing! I'll be back for some proper catching up soon. Stay safe, stay well, and happy Easter.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!