Sunday 10 May 2020

Birthday card with a steampunk horse

As you can see, on my card Winifred, the zebra turned into a steampunk horse. Lately, I made many projects with steampunk animals (birds, rabbits) and I wanted to try it with another creature, so I chose Winifred to make a horse.


For making the background, I took a 300gsm watercolour paper and blended the Weathered Wood ink onto the surface. Then I chose the Circuit stencil and inked through the stencil with Black Soot Archival ink. 


After this, I blended Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink onto the whole surface. Then I spritzed with water. In the end, I splattered with diluted Brushed Pewter paint. The edges were inked with Black Soot Distress ink.


For the horse, I didn't use all the elements of Winifred. But some of her parts were embossed with the Riveted Metal texture fades. I also added some gears from the Gearhead Thinlits die set.



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Classic Lower by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Wildflower Stems by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Colorize, Winifred by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Robotic by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Gearhead by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Texture Fades, Diamond Plate&Riveted Metal by Tim Holtz

Sizzix 3D Impresslits, Star Trim by Tim Holtz

Stampers Anonymous, Circuit layering stencil by Tim Holtz

Ranger Distress inks, paints




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Spritz and Splatter


2 comments:

  1. He looks so great in metal! Great design.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so creative! I would never have thought to make a steampunk horse! Very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!