Saturday 1 August 2020

Framed beach scene

I have made this framed beach scene for our August challenge. The theme was chosen by the lovely Christine aka CraftyField and it's called I do like to be beside the seaside.


For this project, I got the inspiration from one of my earlier cards. You can find it here

Here is my tutorial. 

I cut out a rectangle, the exact same size which fits in the frame, and then another one. The second one was torn by hand to create the beach. This second one was also covered with Ranger, Grit-Paste. When it was dry, I painted with DecoArt Americana Buttermilk paint, then spritzed with Burnt Umber.



For making the beach hut, I used only one side of the Village Dwelling house. And I cut this out from corrugated cardboard.



I painted the house white and then I let it dry.



For the little doorknob, I used this part of the Robotic die set.



The door, the roof and the tree trunk were cut out from kraft paper but I inked the edges with Vintage Photo.

The leaves of the palm tree were inked with Distress inks (Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint). Then I smeared Micro Glaze onto the surface. 

What I used:

Sizzix Bigz die, Village Surf Shack by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Village Dwelling by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Tropical by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Scarecrow by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Robotic by Tim Holtz

Ranger Distress Grit-Paste by Tim Holtz

DecoArt Americana paints

Ranger Distress inks

Ranger Distress Micro Glaze




So if you have a project with a beach scene, please don't hesitate to join our August challenge where you can win a £20 voucher. 




8 comments:

  1. Such a great picture Monika, a lovely summery scene! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Monika, I would love a weekend in this setting! Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks simple, but it's all in the clever details... The edge of the water seamlessly white, the gritty texture of the sand... the door knob! Fantastic card Monika, I love it!
    Have a great Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supercool design Monika - love this! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely ! I always forget about my dies ! Have a happy month !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely piece of home decor Monica, cleverly constructed. Just like Sue, i'd love to live in a little house on the beach just like this.. Fabulous, thanks for sharing.
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beach scene, Monika! The corrugated cardboard is perfect for the beachhut.
    Have a wonderful August!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!