Thursday 26 November 2020

Christmas card with gingerbread family

I've just realised that I've been silent for nearly two weeks! OMG! In the Holiday season! It's completely weird and pretty unusual from me! But here I am again with a Christmas card.


For making this card, I took a 300gsm watercolour paper and stencilled the rosette pattern using the Stampers Anonymous Rosette stencil (THS092). For this, I used the Ranger white embossing powder. 

Then I blended red inks onto the surface. First just Abandoned Coral and Festive Berries but later I added darker and bolder colours like Candied Apple and Aged Mahogany.



I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink.


And in the end, I spritzed with diluted Vintage Photo spray stain.

The gingerbread figures were cut out from 300gsm Kraft paper twice and glued them together to give them more dimension. Then I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.


Next step was spattering them with Vintage Photo spray stain but this time I didn't water the liquid.


And then I spattered with white acrylic paint (Ranger Picket Fence).



What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Freshed Baked 1 by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric 3/4" by Tim Holtz

Sizzix Thinlits die, Colorize, Deck the Halls by Tim Holtz

Stampers Anonymous, Rosette stencil (THS092)

Idea-Ology Small Talk sticker book, Occasions

Ranger Distress inks (Abandoned Coral, Festive Berries, Candied Apple, Aged Mahogany, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain)

Ranger Distress spray stain (Vintage Photo)

Ranger Distress paint (Picket Fence)

Ranger embossing powder (white)



This was not the first time when I made a slimline card with red background and with these gingerbread figures. But this was the first time that I made the red pattern paper. Earlier I always used Tim's pattern paper from one his Christmas paper stash set. 

You can see my earlier Christmas card and my Valentine's Day card with the same figures.

With this card, I would like to join the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Food and/or Drink

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!