Sunday 1 October 2023

Christmas card with Santa Greetings by Tim Holtz

Hello everyone, let me show you my latest make with one of the cutest Santas by Sizzix, Tim Holtz. This weekend I had a little time to create, so I decided to assemble this pieces of the Santa Greetings Colorize die.



Here I will start a long tutorial, because Because my assembly order is different from the one on the Sizzix YouTube channel. Usually I like and follow the Colorize tutorials step by step, but when I followed it here, somehow the parts didn't fit well. 

The main piece of Santa was coloured with Lumberjack Plaid Distress paint.


When it was dry, I glued the biggest white part on it. The white part was cut out from creamy white paper and I inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress ink.


Then I added the face part and the ears. I coloured them with Copic markers and I inked the edges with brown ink.


Then came the red layers. These pieces were coloured with red Distress paints. Sometimes I mixed colours, so I can't give you exact colour names.



Then the second layer of the face.


Then came the grey belt and immediately the black parts, the top layer of the belt and the eyes. These pieces were cut out coloured paper. And you can see, that I also added the missing white part, the pompon to the hat.




Then I glued the white top layer. I cut them out from white paper, I mean real white.



Then I added the white fur trims on Santa's coat and the boots.




Then I adhered the white part of the belt and the mittens. The parts of the mittens were cut out from black and dark grey papers.





And then the gold belt buckle.




The background:

I cut out a 5x5 inches square panel. I painted the top part with Speckled Egg and the bottom part with a Marabu Mineral White paint.



Then I stamped pine trees with Hickory Smoke Arcival ink to the background. 



I splattered the whole background with watered white paint. 






What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Santa Greetings Colorize (666338)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Swirling Stars (663095)

Stampers Anonymous, Tree Line (CMS244)

Idea-Ology, Christmas Kraft-Stock paper (TH93626)

Idea-Ology, Big Chat Stickers (TH93192)

Ranger Distress paints (Speckled Egg, Lumberjack Plaid, Barn Door, Candied Apple)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Hickory Smoke)

Ranger Distress ink (Antique Linen)





With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Christmas

I hope you like! Have a fantastic October!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!