Saturday 2 December 2023

Christmas card with the Sizzix Trim a Tree die set

Hello everyone, a few weeks ago I have made a card with the Sizzix Trim a Tree die set by Tim Holtz. You really liked, maybe because of the unusual colours, the white Christmas tree and the pink background. If you haven't seen it yet, you will find it here.

This time, I wanted a green Christmas tree.




The other card has a full tutorial, so here I just write down the things I did differently.

The background was painted with Distress Salvaged Patina paint.




The pine tree was first sprayed with Distress Mowed Lawn Oxide Spray. But then I changed my mind, and I wanted something deeper and darker. So with a sponge I blended Rustic Wilderness ink to the whole surface. I inked the edges with Ground Espresso, then I added a thin layer of pearl paint.


The pot was coloured with Walnut Stain and Ground Espresso ink.


The ornaments cut out from white paper and I inked the edges with Pumice Stone. Then I added a layer of pearl paint.


The edges of the background panel were inked with Frayed Burlap and Ground Espresso Archival ink.



The text is the first two words of a Hungarian Christmas song.




What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits dieTrim A Tree Colorize (666332)

Sizzix Texture Fades embossing folder, Sparkle (666298)

Ranger Distress Archival ink (Frayed Burlap, Ground Espresso)

Ranger Distress paint (Salvaged Patina)

Ranger Distress ink (Pumice Stone, Ground Espresso)

DecoArt Americana (White Pearl)

etc.




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!