Friday 8 December 2023

Christmas card with angel

Hello everyone, here is my second Christmas card with a Hungarian text. "Mennyből az angyal" is another Hungarian Christmas song that I really like. It means: the angel from heaven. For this card, I used old dies and an old stencil. 



Now let's see how I made it. 

First I cut out the window from chipboard with the Sizzix Cathedral Frame Bigz die. Then I drew the outlines of the window on a blue paper.



I cut out the window from the blue paper. And since this blue wasn't enough dark for a night sky I blended Chipped Sapphire ink to the surface and Black Soot to the edges.


Then I spattered the window background with gold paint.




I glued the background to the window frame. Then I continued with the angel. I cut it out from a white cardstock, then I cut out the clothes, the trumpet, the wing from different glitter papers.







I also drew the hair and coloured the face. I inked the edges of the glittery parts with dark brown ink, then I glued to the white paper angel.



Then I took a dark grey cardstock and drew the outline of the window.


Then I masked the window with Tesa masking tape.



Then I made the walls using Grit Paste and wall stencil.



When I was ready with the stencilling I let the panel dry. Then I painted grey the bricks.



I chose a black paper to place it behind the wall panel.



I started to glue everything in place. Then I realised that I need something to the left top corner. So I chose the Sizzix Deck The Halls dies to cut out the holly leaves. For the greens I used green glitters papers. 




I splattered the leaves with white paint and I placed three pearls from the Baubles Findings Idea-ology set to the top of the greens.






What I used:

Sizzix Bigz die, Cathedral Window (664974)

Sizzix Bigz die, Angelic (660032)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Deck The Halls (664229)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Holiday Greens (658759)

Stampers Anonymous, Bricked (THS038)

Idea-Ology, Baubles Findings (TH94099)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!