Friday 2 February 2024

Birthday car with beer and bear - Happy beerday!

Hello everyone, I'm here with a card that I created for my dad who will be 75 soon. My dad loves beer, especially wheat beer, so you can see why I put beer on the card and why I chose this birthday text.



Since he hung my previous cards in his room, I decided to make a card that he could easily hang. So I put two eyelets to the top corners, I threaded a wire through the holes and twisted it at the back. 

For the bear I just used textured papers. But the beer was cut out from white cardstock and I blended Scattered Straw Oxide inks to the surface and Fossilized Amber to the edges. The foam was cut out from white paper and I inked the edges with Antique Linen ink. 




The main panel is from an old and retired paper pad, the Dapper. I so liked it, so I bought two sets while it was available.

Earlier I cut out a lot of hearts with the Falling Hearts die and I kept them for later. Now I used four from them.


What I used:

Sizzix Thinlits die, Theodore Colorize (664410)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Happy Hour (664435)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Falling Hearts (664415)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper (664406)

Sizzix Thinlits die, Alphanumeric 3/4" Tall (660056)

Idea-Ology, Dapper Paper Stash, 12x12 (TH93260)




With my card, I would like to join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Have a heart



1 comment:

  1. Theodore is perfect with the Beer greeting! so fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it!